What we offer:
At Blue Sky Enabling we offer a complete training program and route progression scheme for every member of staff that we employ. We also promote independent learning, while nurturing our staff to become inspirational Support Workers: Enablers. The Job of an Enabler goes beyond just proving Care to our Service Users. It is a way of working that promotes our Service Users’ independence, development, engagement, and enjoyment.
Who we are looking for:
Do you feel prepared to push yourself to build on your existing knowledge about care-work? Are you looking to make a marked difference to a Service Users life? Do you feel that you are able to identify and focus on a person’s abilities rather than their disability? If so, put in an application…
Who are our staff:
We encourage our Enablers to grow a lasting professional relationship the Service Users that they work with. Our Administration staff are here to support this process, and together we create a story that helps make sense of the support that a Service User is receiving. To begin a journey in care work with Blue Sky Enabling is to accept the extraordinary parts of your personality. Come and join us to work in a way that exceeds every expectation about what a care-worker should be like.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a driven and committed individual with relevant skills and qualifications to become a Care Manager based in Trowbridge, Wiltshire. You will join an expanding, dynamic organisation specialising in flexible person-centred services that enable individuals with complex needs to live lives of their own choosing as included members of the community.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone with 3 years’ experience of working with people with learning disabilities/autism/mental health and challenging behaviour plus a QCF level 5 completed or near completion. You will be expected to complete your QCF level 5 within 12 months of joining the company.
As Care Manager you will:
- Case manage up to 5 clients with complex needs
- Case manage a number of smaller clients
- Supervise, observe and monitor staff
- Audit quality of care within the client’s homes
- Ensure proper record keeping within the client’s home
- Ensure employee and service user files are kept up to date
- Stay up to date with policies and procedures
- Attend supervision with your line manager
- Attend team meetings
- Liaising with multi-disciplinary teams of professionals, service users and family members
- Writing and reviewing service users’ Individualised Support Plans, Risk Assessments and all accompanying documents
- Participate in interviewing, training, supervising and monitoring teams of enablers to provide a totally person-centred service
- Maintaining staff and service user files
- Working directly with service users if required and being committed to working in an organisation where the input of staff and service users is heard and valued.
- Excellent spoken/written English
- 3 years’ experience, appropriate skills, knowledge and training working closely with adults with LD/ASD/MH and challenging behaviour
- Level 5 QCF completed or near completion
- Positive can-do-attitude with a proven track record of putting energy and enthusiasm into previously assigned tasks
- Good listening, communication and time management skills, a good sense of humour, friendly manner, sensitive approach and ability to empathise.
- Ability to engage effectively with people who have different communication abilities.
- Good IT skills.
- A commitment to and understanding of Enablement.
- Due to the nature of the role you must hold a full driving license and have access to your own vehicle and will receive a mileage allowance for qualifying journeys.
Blue Sky Enabling provides staff with a supportive working environment that includes enhanced DBS, funded comprehensive on-line and practical training and assessment to recognised qualifications, pension, 1:2:1 monthly professional supervision and appraisal, holiday pay and statutory sick pay.
Salary: £26,500 – £28,500 per annum
DEADLINE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS: 5pm Monday 30th April 2018
START DATE: ASAP
Exemption is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9. This position is open to MALES ONLY
Location: Somerset & Wiltshire
Salary: £8.05ph to £150 per day
Contract Type: Full Time / Part Time
Sector: Social Care
Becoming a Blue Sky Enabling enabler is about choosing to specialise your experience in care work towards flexible person-centred services for adults living with disabilities. Your aim: to support our service users to achieve a comfortable level of activity and engagement with their local community. We work with individuals with a wide range of complex needs including both physical and mental disabilities. Every day is different and every day presents new and exciting challenges.
You will be expected to work 1:2:1 with a Service User to enable them to retain their independence. To enable them to engage and control their home life as well as their social life. This does mean that you will have to be self-motivated to succeed in the role; and you will be expected to engage in personal care tasks. However, please bear in mind that we do not run a competitive work place, you will not be rushed through your work; and the most important things to us are that the service users are given the best support that is available on the market.
The care plans that we ask you to follow are written by our in-house care managers. Who themselves have degree level training in the relevant areas specific to the service user contracts that they manage. They will act as your line managers, any questions that you would have about the care you provide will be answered by them, and they will know how to support you through any situation that you feel unsure of. Our management team are dedicated to ensuring that you have all of the support that you need as an enabler, both physical and emotional. Essentially, we realise that the well-being of our Enablers is an intrinsic part of providing support to members of our community.
At Blue Sky Enabling we offer a complete training program for every member of staff that we employ, ensuring each member of staff attains their Care Certificate. We also make a range of training pathways available for individuals who are able to prove themselves to be excellent Enablers and an asset to our organisation. We are looking for people with exceptional people skills, who are prepared to push themselves to build on their existing knowledge. While our online training programs are accessible from home, the practical (person specific) training and assessment will be conducted on site. Once you have trained as an enabler, you will be able to look at care support work from a fresh perspective.
Our Expectation is that you will:
■ Bring a diverse range of relevant skills, knowledge and experience of working with people with complex needs.
■ Be responsible, honest and trustworthy.
■ Have a good sense of humour, friendly manner, sensitive approach and the ability to empathise.
■ Be a good listener, with excellent communication and time management skills.
■ Be able to engage effectively with people who have different communication abilities.
■ Have good written, verbal and IT skills.
Blue Sky Enabling provides staff with a supported working environment that includes enhanced DBS, 1:2:1 monthly professional supervision and appraisal, holiday pay and statutory sick pay.
It would be helpful if applicants hold a full UK drivers licence.